…it did not include a blog post, which is generally okay, but my whole philosophy on gratitute rests on making time for it, no matter what.
And to be fair, I did spend time appreciating the grace in my day yesterday, just not writing about it.
Things I am grateful for this Thursday Friday:
- the birdsong at each end of the day that confirms what we thought we knew: the days are getting longer and brighter, and finally – warmer
- teachers who care passionately about their students, who want to make a difference in the school system, who grow their own skills to do so
- my father – who this time last year was having chemo infusions every six weeks – has his hair back (now white) and is scheduled for chemo only every three months
- dinner out with my husband at PF Changs where they have a gluten-free menu and I know I can eat safely ( a bit salty, but it’s good to drink lots of water, yes?)
- coffee dates with my daughter after school on Fridays – yes, we know it’s very Gilmore Girls of us, and that is part of why we like it
What makes your day today?
listening to: Taylor Swift, Love Story (i love this video, plus i want the dress)