Last night (actually, it was late afternoon, but with the shorter days, it felt like deep of night), I came home from a delicious visit (food + conversation + unwavering support) with my sister Elizabeth.
To find that my something GREAT had arrived while I was away.
You know how tech-geeks like to document the opening of the box containing a new computer/laptop/gaming system/whatever?
That is how I feel with this package. I know what is in it, and I can hardly wait.
First wonderful thing: it is addressed to “the amazing Jet Harrington”. Wow.
It is a beautiful thing to receive hand-addressed mail to your amazing self. If you have not had the pleasure, I would like to change that.
Seriously. If you give me your address, I will send you a hand-addressed note. (I’m sure I can manage that with the size of my readership.)
Next wonderful thing: in the package is a collection of wonder, beauty, and courage. I can hardly wait to get started reading and watching.
Also kinda fun: I tried out the webcam on my new laptop to get the snap above. I clicked on nearly every button there, including turning myself into a teddy-bear, and adding snowflakes to the background.
My favourites were putting my photo up in Times Square and this one:
- that I really am enough
- that my stories are not too (raw, tender, much, exposed…)
I am grateful for:
- Brené Brown and her perfect protest (I’m #98)
- my sisters Catherine and Elizabeth, who support and believe in me, and never hear me put myself down without totally calling me on it
I am inspired by:
- Tracey Clark and her post on vulnerability
- the hard-working students I am helping with college applications and essays – especially the ones whose families fled all manner of violence and persecution
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!