These are things I am afraid of.
- falling down the stairs/over the edge
- being apart from my family in an earthquake
- being trapped by fire
- people thinking I am a joke (talking about me and laughing at me)
- my father dying without ever honestly telling my mother what he did to me
- my mother never truly believing me
- general anaesthetic
- missing out/being left behind
- tiny, dark, enclosed spaces
- not realising/fulfilling my dreams
- putting myself out there
- not putting myself out there
- choking on food when no one is around to do the Heimlich manouver*
- introducing myself to a hero
- venomous snakes (specifically one biting me)
*Update: in comments, Catherine links to a video showing how to safely do the Heimlich for others – or for yourself. NOTED.
This is not an exhaustive list, just the things that came to me, this past weekend, as part of a writing exercise. The corollary comes next.
What do you fear?